How to optimize your Kumospace experience
In order to provide the best possible Kumospace experience possible, we have focused our development efforts on optimizing for Google Chrome, the world's most popular web browser.
Kumospace works best with macOS or Windows desktop and laptop computers. For help getting your audio or video working, use these Kumospace FAQ resources:
- Setting up and debugging your video with Kumospace
- Setting up and debugging your audio with Kumospace
Unfortunately, at this time Kumospace is not fully supported on iPhones, iPads or Android devices. We are working quickly to improve performance across all devices so please stay tuned.
Unresponsive or laggy performance
If you are experiencing unresponsive movement, freezing, or lagging performance, it's best to close out background tabs and applications. This is because Kumospace (and video chat generally) uses a fair amount of your computer's processing power. Therefore it's best to make sure you don't have too many other applications or other browser tabs running while using Kumospace.
One other step that we’ve found helps some users is plugging your computer in when it is low on battery. This will also help improve performance.
Web browser compatibility
Below is a list of browsers and their expected performance.
- Chrome – Supported (preferred). Results in an optimal Kumospace experience with colleagues, friends, family, and new connections.
- Edge – Supported. This browser should work well with Kumospace.
- Firefox – Not supported. When using Firefox, you may experience some video/audio latency and other performance-related issues. We recommend that you switch to Chrome if you run into issues.
- Safari – Not supported. With Safari, you may experience video and audio issues due to browser incompatibilities. We recommend that you switch to Chrome if you run into issues.
- Brave – Not supported. However, because of Brave's technical similarities to Chrome, it should have few issues with Kumospace.
- Opera – Not supported. A number of compatibility issues exist with this browser and therefore Kumospace does not support Opera.
We understand that people have different favorite browsers, and we look forward to supporting optimal experiences for as many people as possible, so please stay tuned for future Kumospace releases.
Have more questions or feedback for the team? Please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org