How to optimize your Kumospace experience
We are a young company that is very excited to have such a welcoming reception from people all over the world 🌎. From all of us at Kumospace, thank you 🙏 for giving us a try.
In order to provide the best possible Kumospace experience possible, we have focused our development efforts on optimizing for Google Chrome, the world's most popular web browser. Native smartphone and tablet apps are in the works, so stay tuned!
Kumospace works best with macOS or Windows desktop and laptop computers. For help getting your audio or video working, use these Kumospace FAQ resources:
- Setting up and debugging your video with Kumospace
- Setting up and debugging your audio with Kumospace
Unfortunately, at this time Kumospace is not fully supported on iPhones, iPads or Android tablets. We are working quickly to improve performance across all devices so please stay tuned.
Unresponsive or laggy performance
If you are experiencing unresponsive movement, freezing, or lagging performance, it's best to close out background tabs and applications. This is because Kumospace (and video chat generally) uses a fair amount of your computer's processing power. Therefore, especially with mobile devices, it's best to make sure you don't have too many other applications or other browser tabs running while using Kumospace.
One other step that we’ve found helps some users is plugging your computer in when it is low on battery. This will optimize performance.
Web browser compatibility
Kumospace is works best on Google Chrome. At this time, the only browser Kumospace officially supports is Chrome. Below is a list of browsers and their expected performance.
- Chrome – Results in an optimal Kumospace experience with friends, colleagues, family, classmates, and strangers.
- Edge – This browser should work well with Kumospace, but is not officially supported at this time.
- Firefox – When using Firefox, you may experience some video latency and other performance-related issues.
- Safari – With Safari, you may experience some audio issues due to browser incompatibilities . Please avoid this browser if possible as it does not work as expected.
- Brave – As a web technology company, we are big fans of Brave, but unfortunately, Twillio Video (which powers Kumospace) does not support Brave, and Kumospace will not work in Brave.
- Opera – A number of compatibility issues exist with this browser and therefore Kumospace does not officially support Opera at this time.
We know people have a strong love for their go-to browser, and therefore we look forward to supporting optimal experiences in as many browsers as possible. Stay tuned for future Kumospace releases that support additional browsers.
Have more questions or feedback for the team? Please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org