Once your Kumospace account is set up, you can join your space and customize it to fit your unique style! Here you can read about how to create and manage your rooms - from choosing a template to adjusting privacy settings and room capacity.
Join Your Kumospace
You can access your space in two ways:
1. Go to your Profile page and click Join Space.
2. Go to your Space page at www.kumospace.com/home and join your space.
Either way, make sure you grant camera and microphone permissions to your browser so that people can see and hear you.
On the welcome screen, click the Video call settings dropdown to set your camera and microphone inputs, and then click Join.
This will take you to the lobby of your Kumospace, where you can see all your existing rooms, add new rooms and manage your room settings.
You can also see your Kumospace plan, how many guests are in your space, and if you’re close to reaching your maximum space capacity.
Create a room
Start by making rooms in your space. To create a new room click on Add Room in the lobby.
When adding a new room to your space, you can Build your own room from scratch, select a Pre-designed room template, or choose a Kumogames template.
Note that all templates are fully editable, and you are able to add your personal finishing touches.
- Click the Add Room object in the lobby.
- Select either Rooms or Games templates.
- Choose your favorite template and click Save.
The saved template will appear among your other rooms in the lobby.
We're adding new templates all the time, so keep an eye out for exciting new releases!
Clicking the Settings button in the upper right of every room thumbnail will allow you to:
1. Edit Room Settings:
2. Change to Template - apply one of our pre-designed templates.
3. Make a Copy - duplicate the existing room.
4. Delete room - remove a room from your space.
The rooms are displayed in alphabetical order. If you’d like to order your rooms in a particular way, you can number them, or add a, b, c, at the start of the room name.
To rename a room:
1. Click the Settings button in the top right corner of the thumbnail.
2. Select Edit Room Settings.
3. Enter a new room name and click Update Room.
Room Privacy settings
Click the Settings button in the top right corner of the room thumbnail, and select Edit Room Settings. Here you can choose between three ways of securing your individual rooms - not to be confused with the Space Privacy Settings.
1. Anyone who can enter the space can enter this room - this is the default option and is directly linked to how you’ve chosen to secure your space.
2. Password protect this room - only people who you share your password with will be able to enter this room in your Kumospace.
To set a password:
- click the Password protect this room option
- enter your chosen password in the provided field
- To save your settings, click Update Room
3. Only co-hosts can see and enter this room - closed rooms will appear at the bottom of the lobby and will only be accessible to hosts and co-hosts.
To open a room for guests, click to enter the room, then click the Open room to guests banner in the bottom of the screen.
You can also change the room settings back to Anyone who can enter the space can enter this room option above.
Rooms have a default capacity of 30 people.
If you would like to increase your room capacity, you can upgrade to a Kumospace paid plan from your Profile page.
You can then manually change your room capacity in Room Settings.
Please consult our Pricing page for information on the Kumospace Professional or Kumospace Custom plans.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our sales team.
If you need any help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.