All Kumospace Floor templates are fully editable, and allow you to personalize your finishing touches.
Kumospace hosts and co-hosts can access the Edit menu on the bottom right of the screen. Clicking it will reveal the Furniture and Rooms tabs, both of which contain a number of categories.
Rooms in Kumospace have private audio zones, separate from spatial audio ranges available on the rest of the Floor. Everybody can hear each other no matter how far apart they are in the Room.
Add a Room to your Kumospace
- Open the Edit menu.
- Select the Rooms tab, then click the Rooms dropdown.
- Click the Empty Room object to select it, then click on where you'd like to place it.
You can resize Rooms by dragging the corners to your desired size.
Customize your Rooms
You can change the look of your Rooms by adding different wall finishes, windows, and doors.
- Open the Edit menu.
- Select the Rooms tab, then click the Walls dropdown.
- Click the finish you want to select, then click on the part of the Room you'd like to place it.
You can close and open the door from inside the Room by clicking on it.
Click on the door from the outside to "knock", and be let in.
As mentioned, Rooms are in fact audio zones. To remove the walls of a Room, but keep its audio zone, add the Empty object from the Walls dropdown to the parts of the wall you'd like to remove.
- Open the Edit menu.
- Select the Furniture tab.
- Choose one of the following dropdowns:
- Flooring: Start by clicking this dropdown to see a wide selection of floors - from brick, carpet, tiles, and parquet, to grass, sand, snow, and even lava! Click your favorite and watch the vibe of your Kumospace change right under your feet.
- Seating: This dropdown displays an array of sofas, chairs, benches, loungers, stools, as well as pool floats.
- Tables: This dropdown allows you to view tables, counters, bar furniture, and our popular DJ booth.
- Decor: Click this dropdown to choose from a variety of drink trays, pizza, pastries, and sushi. There's also statues, sculptures, and other decorative objects.
- Plants: Add greenery to your space from this dropdown, where you can find everything from succulents to tomato and lettuce plants.
- Ground: This dropdown includes partial flooring options, like ocean waves and various terrains, as well as a stage, a fountain, and audio circles.
- Rugs: Add coziness or color to your Space by placing a welcome mat, one of our vibrant rugs, or a beach blanket.
- Activities: Click this dropdown to access our interactive apps - the YouTube TV, Whiteboard, Chess, Codenames, and more drink options.
- Seasonal: This dropdown changes with the seasons, and contains objects such as pumpkins, Snowmen, or New Year party balloons.
- Custom: Click this dropdown to add custom images and Gifs to your space, customizable signs, and our Custom Link tablet.
Once you find the furniture you want, click on it to select, then click on where you'd like to place it. No heavy lifting required!
Click the curved arrow ⟳ buttons to rotate most furniture items, and set the elevation of your furniture, e.g. sofa above carpet, and table below plant.
Click the x in the top-right corner of the furniture to delete it.
Note that as long as the Edit menu is open, you will be in edit mode, and can make changes to your furniture and space. You can even do so in real time, during an event.
Close the Edit menu to get back to Kumospace.
Some objects, like the Custom Link tablet, will display a Settings button when you hover over them with your mouse while in edit mode.
Click the Settings button to adjust the settings of your furniture.
You can quick-search all the furniture to make editing your Floors easier:
- Open your Edit menu.
- Click the Search furniture field at the top.
- Enter your keyword, e.g. the color or item you’re looking for.
Snap furniture to grid
To help you align furniture and other objects perfectly, our handy Grid function is on by default. If you prefer to customize your space without the Grid function, you can turn it off:
- Open your Edit tab.
- Click the Grid button in the top-right corner of the Customize Room menu.
- Untick the Snap furniture to grid box.
You can also turn off the grid overlay which appears while you're in edit mode by unticking the Show grid overlay box.
If you need any help customizing your Kumospace, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com.