Read this article to learn about using the interactive Whiteboard and the Custom Link tablet in Kumospace, including Miro integration.
To add a visual collaboration station to your room:
- Open the Edit menu and go to the Activities dropdown.
- Select the Whiteboard, and drag and drop it into your Kumospace.
- You and your team can access the Whiteboard itself by clicking on it.
Note that hosts and co-hosts will need to close their Edit menu to interact with the Whiteboard.
If your team already uses another online whiteboard software, such as Miro, keep reading to learn how you can integrate it with Kumospace.
Custom Link Tablet
You can use the Custom Link tablet to add portals to other websites in your Kumospace. You can link to content pages, Google Drive presentations, docs, sheets, blogs, games and more, and access them directly from your Kumospace, or choose to have them open in a new tab.
Add a tablet to your space:
- Open up the Edit menu and scroll down to the Custom dropdown.
- Click the Custom Link tablet to select it, then click on where you want to place it.
- Hover your mouse over the tablet, click the Settings button and a pop-up will prompt you to add the URL of the website you want to link to.
You can customize the text that appears on the screen of the tablet in your Kumospace. For more tips, scope out this video tutorial on using the custom link tablet.
Note that unfortunately, some websites don’t allow iFrames, so you won’t be able to open them directly from your Kumospace.
If you see this error appear when you click on your tablet, tick the box under Link Options, and choose to have your custom link open in a new tab.
A popular use case for our tablet is an integration with Miro, an online whiteboard software for visual collaboration.
To add a Miro board to your Kumospace:
- Go to your Miro board and click the Export this board icon.
- Select the Embed option and click on the embed code to copy it to your clipboard.
- Then go to your Kumospace and paste the code into a Custom Link tablet following the steps above.
Note that you only need to use the middle part of the embed code you copied from Miro, as shown in bold text below:
<iframe width=“768” height=“432" src=“https://miro.com/app/live-embed/uXjVO3dk1RM=/?moveToViewport=-1048,-871,2897,1529” frameBorder=“0" scrolling=“no” allowFullScreen></iframe>
You can delete everything before the https: and everything after the quotation mark " after the board's URL.
Finally, click Save, and close your Edit menu to access your Miro board. The tablet will automatically display the Miro logo.
If you need any help using collaboration tools in Kumospace, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.